First and foremost, I wish you a Happy New Year! It is hard to believe that it has been three years since I joined the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Ohio (BBBSNWO) team, as their new CEO. We survived a pandemic while restructuring and increasing our service capabilities. During this time of immense need, we remain committed to the vital mission of improving the lives of the youth and communities we serve.
Due to the significant adverse economic impacts of the pandemic and now inflation, many of our program participants needed our support in 2023 more than ever. Our team continues to train and expand our service capabilities to meet these needs. We continue implementing creative and innovative solutions for our program participants and their families. I am proud of what the BBBSNWO team has accomplished this past year.
We delivered significant results for our funders, donors, supporters, and program participants:
- Expanded programming.
- Obtained Certifications in Trauma Services, Suicide Awareness, First Aid & CPR.
- Conduct free training throughout the year for our partners.
- Overperformed on 90% of our grants.
- Expanded partnerships by 40%.
- Angel Tree fundraiser impacted 85 underserved youths.
- Over 80 tablets were issued to underserved youths.
- Over 80 Art kits were issued to underserved youths.
- Over 80 Craft kits were issued to underserved youths.
- Over 40 STEM kits were issued to underserved youths.
As we embark on 2023, I would be remiss without thanking each of you. Your resolve, commitment, and perseverance helped to make BBBSNWO a more resilient and impactful youth organization in 2022. We could not do this work without you. On behalf of our team, I wish you a healthy and prosperous year ahead. A full Impact Report will be released in February. For more information, please go to our website: bbbsnwo.org or follow our Facebook: BBBSNWO.
I look forward to 2023 and hope you will join us in continuing to empower our future leaders.
Dr. Marvin Whitfield
President & CEO