To our valued members of the community and partners,
I am reaching out to reassure every one of our firm commitment to you during the ongoing COVID-19 situation. To ensure the safety of both our staff and the community we serve, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Ohio (BBBSNWO) continue to work remotely. Despite this safety practice, we continue to operate relatively normally and have enhanced our service capabilities virtually.
As a community of one practicing social distancing to defeat the COVID-19 pandemic; ultimately, we find ourselves facing unprecedented and challenging times. The limited interaction with others impacts us as a society, both mentally and emotionally. BBBSNWO is here to help ease this impact. We are expanding our services to include connecting community members to a variety of local resources and virtual activities.
- Starting May 1st, staff members will be available for video-conferencing to discuss your match case or mentoring opportunities. Please call or email to schedule an appointment.
- We are now offering virtual-mentoring opportunities for both Bigs & Littles. All mentoring programs will remain virtual throughout this pandemic crisis.
- BBBSNWO is sponsoring a “Hero” letter-writing contest for all age groups to show community support for our local heroes. Go to our website, submit your short letter, and support our heroes!
- If you or someone you know need any form of public assistance, go to our home page and click on the 211-icon button (lower right). This step will redirect you to a website offering an array of services.
- Due to school closures, there is limited access to educational resources. Please visit our virtual mentoring page and view our Helpful Links section. Here you will find an array of both educational and fun activities for youths.
- Parents who are concerned about child internet safety, please refer to our virtual mentoring page. There you will find valuable information related to child internet safety practice.
These are just a few services we have implemented to support our community. I am deeply inspired by the commitment demonstrated by the community and our local heroes. I want each one of you to know that we are doing everything in our power to show the same commitment to you.
Please, continue to take the necessary precautions to help ensure your health & safety and that of your loved ones.
Dr. Marvin Whitfield
President / CEO