Be a Big Brother or Big Sister
Being a Big Brother or Big Sister is one of the most rewarding and fulfilling things you can do. Help to shape a child’s future through empowering him or her to achieve their goals and have a lot of fun in the process. You and your Little can share the kinds of activities you already like to do.
Play sports together. Go on a hike. Read books. Eat a pizza with extra anchovies. Or just give some advice and inspiration. Whatever it is you enjoy, odds are you’ll enjoy it even more with your Little—and you’ll be making a life-changing impact.
Steps to Become a Big
- Information Session
- Return application
- Background checks
- Volunteer training
- Home interview
- Waiting list
- The caseworker will contact the parent/guardian, child and volunteer monthly for the first year of the match.
- The client, parent and volunteer will contact their caseworker on a monthly basis to keep them Informed.
- All parties will meet to conduct an Annual Match Evaluation at the year anniversary date.
- All parties will meet to officially close the match and a letter will be forwarded to confirm
- Be a positive role model for the child
- Follow all safety regulations and update driving information annually
- Participate in developing goals for the match
- Maintain consistent contact with the parent, child and caseworker.
- Child will ready and dressed appropriately for planned activities
- Participate in developing goals and activities for the match
- Restricted contact with the volunteer should not be used as a form of discipline
- Maintain contact with the volunteer and caseworker
- Parent will be supportive of the match relationship